FOR THE 2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR, STUDENTS WHOSE FIFTH BIRTHDAY IS ON SEPTEMBER 1, 2023 THROUGH JUNE 1, 2024, ARE ELIGIBLE TO ATTEND TRANSITIONAL KINDERGARTEN.
We are excited about enrolling students for California's new Universal Transitional Kindergarten expansion TK program! Over the next three years, we will be phasing in TK for all four-year olds, starting with the 2022-23 school year. Students turning five years old by June 1, 2024 are eligible to enroll!
TK is not the first year of kindergarten but a distinct year of early learning in a developmentally appropriate, nurturing environment. Four-year-olds attend TK for a full year of learning. Expanded TK is intended to provide a high quality early experience for all four-year olds.
In Mt. Pleasant, we have over twenty years of experience in implementing high quality early learning preschool programs. We believe in teaching and nurturing each child’s strengths in a positive, developmentally appropriate environment. We believe that social skills and self-regulation are essential skills for success in school and that children learn best through play and exploration. Our focus is on learning social- emotional, self-help, pre-academic readiness, motor skills and communication skills in an environment that celebrates fun and learning.
Children learn to take care of their personal needs, interact with others and express themselves. All of our TK and preschool classes use California State adopted Preschool Learning Foundations, and research-based and culturally responsive instructional strategies and assessment methods.
Our teachers follow monthly thematic units as well as daily and weekly routines. Children participate in a daily routine that ensures predictability and reinforces learning and a sense of security. Each day includes circle time; calendar, music, phonics, vocabulary development, fine motor and gross motor development, play-based exploration, outside play, small group academic instruction and shared meal time.
If you would like to register your student for the upcoming 2023-2024 school year, you will need to download all the documents below.
- Proof of District Residency ( please click on the enrollment requirements list below for all acceptable documents)
- Verification of Age ( One of the following; no copies), Birth certificate, Valid Passport, Baptismal Record.
- Current Immunization Records To Date ( no copies) All students entering school for the first time must have a TB test or risk assessment survey filled out. TB Test/ Risk Assessment Survey All students must have all vaccinations completed prior to the start of school as required by the State of California.
- The housing verification form must be completed and submitted with your enrollment application.
- Oral Health Assessment Form- Completed by your Dentist. It must be completed by May 31st of a student's first year of school. Submit the completed form to the school office
- Wavier of Oral Health Assessment Required If you choose to opt-out of this requirement, please complete and return this form.
PLEASE DOWNLOAD BOTH FORMS ENROLLMENT CHECKLIST / ENROLLMENT FORM
DESCARGUE AMBOS FORMULARIOS LISTA DE VERIFICACIÓN DE INSCRIPCIÓN / FORMULARIO DE INSCRIPCIÓN
THE HOUSING QUESTIONNAIRE MUST BE RETURNED WITH THE ENROLLMENT APPLICATION:
TK Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Please contact your desired school for more information.