Preschool Registration for fall 2021-22 is now open!
The Mt. Pleasant School District has been operating preschool programs for over twenty years! Our Preschool Teachers are qualified, experienced, and engage in ongoing professional development. In addition, we have experienced bilingual support staff. Our preschool teachers work with parents to assess student needs and communicate individual progress throughout the school year.
Our preschool prepares children for entry into transitional kindergarten and kindergarten through a fun, play based and developmentally appropriate program. We use the California State adopted Preschool Learning Foundations and the kindergarten California State Standards to design our lessons and set goals.
This year the preschool program will be located at Valle Vista Elementary in our new “Early Learners at Valle Vista” classroom. We will have two programs; a morning program for children turning four years old on or before August 1, and an afternoon program for three- and four-year-old (must turn 3 by September 1, 2021, birthdate is on or before September 1, 2018).
We believe that participation in preschool encourages each child’s development and better prepares each child for kindergarten through purposeful social interactions, opportunities for communication, directed activities, and prekindergarten readiness activities.
Our daily schedule includes morning meeting/circle time, calendar, pre-academic phonics & number sense, center based and imaginative play, outside gross motor activities, small group learning, and snack. Social skills and communication development are integrated into each day and activity.
Our classes have a teacher to student ratio of 1:9. Our program is culturally responsive and inclusive for all ability levels.
- Contact Linda Marqueda, Program Assistant at email@example.com, 408 223-3785 for more information or visit Mt. Pleasant School District Office at 3434 Marten Avenue to register and enroll.
- Open to all preschool age children meeting requirements, regardless of home address
- Contract will be approved based on space availability.
- Registration fee (non-refundable): $50/per child.
- 5% sibling discount for each child enrolled after the first child in our monthly program.
- 15% MPESD employee discount upon verification.
- Childcare Subsidies accepted
- Reduced rate and limited sponsorships with verification of annual income for Mt. Pleasant School District residents
- Payments made in ten monthly installments August through May
Program Fees & Options
Morning Session 4- year old session. Students must turn 4 years old on or before August 1, 2021, birthdate is on or before August 1st, 2017.
Afternoon Session 3- & 4-year-old session. Must turn 3 by September 1, 2021, birthdate is on or before September 1, 2018.
First Day of School- August 25, 2021
Last Day of School – June 3, 2022
Breaks & Holidays follow the Mt. Pleasant School District Calendar
Below are the days the preschool will be closed:
- September 6, Labor Day
- November 11, Veteran’s Day
- November 22-26, Thanksgiving Break
- December 20 - January 3, Winter Break
- January 17, Martin L. King, Jr. Day
- February 21-25, President’s Week
- April 15 – 22, Spring Break
- May 30, Memorial Day
- All students must be fully potty-trained
- Parents must complete the online registration and preschool packet and return to Linda Marqueda at firstname.lastname@example.org, 408 223-3785 or visit Mt. Pleasant School District Office at 3434 Marten Avenue
- Birth Certificate, Passport or other accepted proof of age
- Students must have all required immunizations for their age
- All required COVID protocols under the Guidance of the CDC and the California Health Department will be followed. All students are required to wear a face covering unless there is a health or disability issue or Guidance changes.
- If financial assistance is being requested, proof of annual income and proof of residency in.