6:00 PM - 7:00 PM MP Open House
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Parcel Tax Mtg @ 5:30 PM
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM LCAP Mtg 5-7 pm in the AB Library
June 11, 2019
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Last Day of School
June 12, 2019
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM Board of Trustees Mtg
June 26, 2019
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Board of Trustees Mtg
August 20, 2019
Board agenda will be available at 5:30 p.m. on the Sunday before Board meeting.Due to an internal conflict, we have rescheduled interviews of eligible candidates for the Board vacancy. The Special Board meeting is now scheduled on Monday, June 17, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. The date to notify candidates eligible for interviews has been extended to Monday, June 10.We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
New law regarding Interdistrict Attendance Agreements.
This is different than Intradistrict Agreements which is between schools in the same district.
The Interdistrict Transfer process applies to those parents who wish their children to attend school in a district other than that in which they reside. All Interdistrict requests must be initiated in the district of residence.
Click here to printout an Interdistrict Transfer Request form. Applications must be submitted in person to the MPESD District Office.
We are not able to provide status of a pending application. Notifications will be sent in writing once a decision has been made.
Guidelines, Procedures and Timelines:
- Interdistrict transfers will be accepted and processed beginning April 1st for the next school year.
- The Mt Pleasant School District has 30 days from the date of receipt of the request to approve or deny.
- Interdistrict transfers are valid for one year only and must be renewed annually.
- Reasons for denying or revoking the request may include attendance, behavior and academic records of the student.
- The Mt Pleasant School District will notify a parent submitting a future year request of its final decision as soon as possible, but no later than 14 calendar days after the beginning of instruction in the school year for which the InterDistrict transfer is sought. (Education Code 46600.1(c) and (e)).
- Reasons for approving the request may include employment or day care. For employment, identification from the employer such as a badge, pay stub or employer correspondence is required. For day care, you must provide the day care’s name, address and phone number. Failure to provide these items within the 30 days of the request can result in denial of the request.
- A student, parent, or guardian who provides a false address and/or other pertinent data as a basis for enrollment in any school in the District may have the transfer revoked. The revocation may be immediate and notice promptly given to the student and parent/guardian.
- When a students’ residency changes, the parent/guardian shall notify the school within 14 days of the change in residence.
- With regard to Interdistrict Transfer of special education programs, funding agreements between districts shall be in accordance with the SELPA Budget Plan. An inter-district transfer alone, does not authorize release of Special Education funds to the receiving district from MPESD.
- Transportation is the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
- If an Interdistrict Transfer Agreement Request is denied, the parent/guardian has the opportunity to appeal the decision to Mt Pleasant Board of Trustees. Such an appeal must be in writing and addressed to the Mt Pleasant School Board of Trustees, 3434 Marten Avenue, San Jose, CA 95148 within 30 calendar days of the date of the denial.
- If an Interdistrict Transfer Agreement Request is denied by the Mt Pleasant School District Board of Trustees, the parent/guardian has the opportunity to appeal the decision to Santa Clara County Office of Education within 30 calendar days of the date of the denial.
Request for Proposal EVSTA2019TRANS
No School Monday, May 27th - Memorial Day
LAST DAY OF SCHOOL Tuesday, June 11th - Minimum Day
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL 2019 2020 is Tuesday, August 20, 2019